Innocent / Injured Spouse Relief

Innocent Spouse Relief

Innocent Spouse Relief provides you relief from additional tax you owe if your spouse or former spouse failed to report income, reported income improperly or claimed improper deductions or credits. This relief is afforded to joint filers (husband and wife.)

You must meet specific conditions within a prescribed time of period to qualify for innocent spouse relief. Act now or you might lose your right to request relief. Contact us.

Injured Spouse Relief

If you file a joint return and all or part of your refund is applied against your spouse’s past-due federal tax, state income tax, child or spousal support or federal nontax debt (such as a student loan), you may be entitled to injured spouse relief.

Beware that there are different prescribed periods to file the claim for this type of relief if the money is applied against tax debt or nontax debt. Do not wait. Call us.


Translate this page