IRS Problems

Installment Agreement

Do you owe the IRS money and can’t pay in full? Can’t sleep at nights? Do you have Problems concentrating at work? Don’t despair; there are real solutions to your IRS debts. Let’s work together in negotiating a reasonable payment plan that fits your present financial situation.

If you’re financially unable to pay your tax debt immediately, you can make monthly payments through an installment agreement. Please note that before the IRS will consider for any payment agreement, you must file all required tax returns. Also, until an installment agreement is set up, penalty and interest continue to accumulate. Interest continues to accrue at a lesser rate after an installment agreement is established.

IRS Audits

Do not go to an IRS audit unprepared. The best defense is preparation. The IRS conducts tax return audits to determine the correct amount of tax. These audits are industry specific. Audits can sometimes result in adjustments that increase or create a new tax debt and penalties. Knowledge of the tax codes & regulations are a must at an audit. Let’s work together to get the best possible results.

Unfiled Tax Returns

Forgot or neglected to file your tax returns for years? Is emotional or financial hardship preventing you from filing your overdue tax returns? Have the IRS filed a Substitute for Return under IRC 6020?

The magic word at the IRS is “compliance”—IRS language for being current with all required filings. This is where all tax resolutions begin. Make the decision to file them, now. Call us. You can file them right away and possibly save you money.


Have the IRS placed a lien on your property? Is the IRS threatening to put a levy on your bank accounts or garnish your wages?

You have due process rights. Time is of the essence or you will lose those rights. Immediate action is required. Let’s look together at the various collection alternatives and see which one best suits you needs.

Offer in Compromise

The IRS offer in compromise program gets all the publicity for debt resolution – settle your debts for less than what you owe, pay pennies on the dollar – you may have seen and/or heard the advertisements on TV and the radio. Buyers, Beware! Don’t believe everything you hear.

And, YES, the program is real, and it works in the right situations.  But it is not for everyone – the IRS has very specific guidelines on determining who qualifies for an offer and the amount of an acceptable settlement. Contact us to evaluate if it is the right resolution tool for your tax problems.

Trust Fund Recovery Penalty Relief

A trust fund tax is money withheld from an employee’s wages (income tax, social security, and Medicare taxes) and held in trust until paid to the Treasury. Congress has established large penalties for delays in turning over your employment taxes to the Treasury.

Whether you are an officer or an employee of a corporation, or a member of a partnership or an employee of a partnership, you can be charged with this penalty as a responsible person. However, there is hope. The question of being a responsible person is a question of fact and circumstances as to whether you are under a duty to perform the act in respect of which the violation occurs. Contact us so we can thoroughly examine those facts and circumstances.

Innocent Spouse Relief

Innocent Spouse Relief provides you relief from additional tax you owe if your spouse or former spouse failed to report income, reported income improperly or claimed improper deductions or credits. This relief is afforded to joint filers (husband and wife.)

You must meet specific conditions within a prescribed time of period to qualify for innocent spouse relief. Act now or you might lose your right to request relief. Contact us.

Injured Spouse Relief

If you file a joint return and all or part of your refund is applied against your spouse’s past-due federal tax, state income tax, child or spousal support or federal nontax debt (such as a student loan), you may be entitled to injured spouse relief.

Beware that there are different prescribed periods to file the claim for this type of relief if the money is applied against tax debt or nontax debt. Do not wait. Call us.


Translate this page